Sunday, March 17, 2013

Like sand through an hourglass

No, I've never been a Days of Our Lives watcher (if that's even the right soap opera that phrase comes from).

Yes, I have been getting better - most of the time, overall I think.  I'm still dead tired, having temperature regulations problems, tinnitis, dizziness, headaches, neck pain, and my right knee really hurts, but none of that is nearly as bad as it was a year ago.  A. year. a. go.

We're working on refinancing our mortgage and the woman at the bank was asking me about my work history - ha.  Since I've been too sick to work (except for these great couple of months before I got too worn out again in the fall), we have to do some extra leg work to do this refinancing business.  So naturally, this dear woman was very curious why a perfectly normal-looking person is sitting in front of her telling her she's too sick to work.  She vaguely recalled something about Lyme Disease and inquired...is this STILL Lyme Disease?  And the answer was, Yup.  Since August 2011.  That's when I got all weird in my head.  It's 2013.  

I've been sick for approximately 1 year and 7 months.  1 year and 7 months of feeling lousy isn't that bad, but 1 year and 7 months of wasted productivity is.  And don't get me wrong, I count myself lucky - there are plenty of people who are far sicker than I am, have no access to healthcare (thanks a lot, for-profit healthcare system), and have been sick for 15+ years.  I count my blessings.  

I just wish I could work on all these projects I used to work on.  Or could have the energy to make my husband dinner every night.  

This is when I have to remember the key to all of this - thankfulness!  No, I couldn't spend 5 hours today working on my projects, but yes, I was able to eek out one blog post!  No, I didn't have the energy to stand for 45 minutes to wash dishes, but yes, I was able to bring all of them to the kitchen.  Don't spend your energy or your time focusing on all the can't's in your life.  That won't be worth your time.  But feeling better about what you can do is well worth your time. 

1 comment:

  1. My name is hoover, my 18 years old daughter, Tricia was diagnosed of herpes 3 years ago. ever since then,we have been going from one hospital to the other. We tried all sorts of pills but all efforts to get rid of the virus was futile. The blisters kept on reappearing after some months. My daughter was making use of Acyclovir tablets 200mg. 2 tablets every 6hours and fusitin cream 15grams. and H5 POT. Permanganate with water to be applied 2x a day but all still show no result. So I was on the internet some months back, to sought for any other means of saving my only child. just then, i came across a comment on dr imoloa herbal treatment and decided to give it a try. i contacted the him and he prepared some herbs and sent it to me together with guidelines on how to use the herbs through DHL courier service. my daughter used it as directed dr imoloa and in less than 14days, my daughter regained her health.. You should contact Dr imoloa today directly on his email address for any kind of health challenge; lupus disease, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, fever, hepatitis A.B.C., syphilis, diarrhea, HIV/AIDS, Huntington's Disease, back acne, Chronic renal failure, addison disease, Chronic Pain, Crohn's Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, fungal nail disease, Lyme Disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major Depression, Malignant Melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's Disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis , Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer's Disease, parkison disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy, Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease, Back Pain, Back Sprain, Bipolar Disorder, Brain Tumour, Malignant, Bruxism, Bulimia, Cervical Disk Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Hypertension, Diabetes, asthma, Inflammatory autoimmune-mediated arthritis. chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, impotence, feta alcohol spectrum, Dysthymic Disorder, Eczema, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease. and many more; contact him on email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com./ also on whatssap-+2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete